Monday 28 October 2013

Adapting to new tools

 

Recently I've had the fortune of obtaining my own Wacom Cintiq Companion. I certainly enjoy using it a lot more than my Cintiq 21ux for the portability, high resolution and surface tooth. Perhaps I will write more of a review in the next post.

For now, I wanted to share some sketches I've done since acquiring the new tablet two weeks ago. As with any new medium, it takes time to adjust my habits to draw as I normally would. I'm slowly getting used to the weight and size of my tablet. But I also have decided to not install PhotoShop onto my tablet, and use programs geared more towards drawing and painting. The above image was made using a trial version of Paint Tool Sai. I enjoy using it so much, I plan to buy a license for it when the trial runs out.

Writing this entry from the tablet also takes some while to get used to, as I haven't connected a keyboard to the device yet. But once the experience of using a tablet becomes more natural for me, you will be seeing a lot more artwork posted on this blog
 

No comments:

Post a Comment